"It's the end of the world as we know it" -- REM

Owen DeLong owen at delong.com
Fri Apr 26 17:35:15 UTC 2013

As I understand it you can get some funky level of IPv6 on some of the older
AWS products. I'm glad to hear that BING is now on IPv6. Guess they were
getting scroogled for that failure. ;-)

At least so far, this remains a problem:

Owens-MacBook-Pro:blink-cocoa owendelong$ dig aaaa amazon.com

; <<>> DiG 9.8.3-P1 <<>> aaaa amazon.com
;; global options: +cmd
;; Got answer:
;; flags: qr rd ra; QUERY: 1, ANSWER: 0, AUTHORITY: 1, ADDITIONAL: 0

;; QUESTION SECTION:
;amazon.com.			IN	AAAA

;; AUTHORITY SECTION:
amazon.com.		60	IN	SOA	dns-external-master.amazon.com. root.amazon.com. 2010111966 180 60 3024000 60

;; Query time: 215 msec
;; SERVER: 192.168.1.1#53(192.168.1.1)
;; WHEN: Fri Apr 26 13:34:21 2013
;; MSG SIZE  rcvd: 89

(IMHO, the above is  bigger problem than the AWS failures to implement
IPv6).

Owen