"It's the end of the world as we know it" -- REM

Jens Link lists at quux.de
Tue Apr 23 22:28:04 UTC 2013

Valdis Kletnieks <Valdis.Kletnieks at vt.edu> writes:

and I feel fine

> I didn't see any mention of this Tony Hain paper:
>
> http://tndh.net/~tony/ietf/ARIN-runout-projection.pdf
>
> tl;dr: ARIN predicted to run out of IP space to allocate in August this
> year.
>
> Are you ready?

Personally? Yes! Customer side? No! Well expect for some.

But at least here in Germany some companies (!= ISPs) noticed this IPv6
thing and now are looking for people to support them. Problem is: They
don't want to pay for it (e.g. less or equal to the usual hourly rate
or any other kind of project).

Two weeks ago:

"We need someone for a two day IPv6 workshop in two weeks!"

Yesterday:

"We need someone for a two day IPv6 workshop this week!"

Jens