Quad-A records in Network Solutions ?

Eric Brunner-Williams ebw at abenaki.wabanaki.net
Wed Apr 10 03:13:49 UTC 2013

On 4/9/13 5:47 PM, Jared Mauch wrote:
> Can you point is at the right address or form to submit regarding this? Seems like its time for both on AAAA and DS.

Jared,

Joe is an employee of the corporation, a rather high ranking one. As I
mentioned in my response to Mark, he _may_ be in a position to
encourage both legal to develop new language for future addition to
the RAA, and the Registrar Liaison to socialize the issue to those RAA
parties who are members of the Registrar Stakeholder Group within the
Contracted Parties House of the GNSO, and the Compliance team.

As a matter of policy development you should expect that Registrars
(recall hat) have been presented with ... proposed new terms and
conditions that ... are not universally appreciated, and so one must
either (a) impose new conditions unilaterally upon counter-parties,
arguing some theory of necessity, or (b) negotiate a mutually
agreeable modification.

There is a lot of heat lost in the ICANN system, so to re-purpose the
off-hand observation of John Curran made recently, operators having
some rough consensus on desirable features of RRSet editors may be a
necessary predicate to policy intervention. As I observed to John, the
ISP Constituency within the ICANN GNSO has been an effective advocate
of trademark policy, and no other policy area, since the Montevideo
General meeting, in 2001.

Eric

P.S. I may be turning in my Registrar hat in the near future.