Verizon DSL moving to CGN

Rajiv Asati (rajiva) rajiva at cisco.com
Mon Apr 8 01:18:07 UTC 2013

> DS-Lite is also CGN, it just happens to be done over IPv6 access. MAP is also CGN.

Thankfully, MAP is not CGN. Correctly stated, unlike DS-Lite, MAP doesn't require any CGN that causes the SP network to put up with the NAT state. This means that all the subsequent issues of CGN/DS-Lite no longer apply.

MAP is all about stateless (NAT64 of Encapsulation) and IPv6 enabled access. MAP makes much more sense in any SP network having its internet customers do IPv4 address sharing and embrace IPv6.

Cheers,
Rajiv

Sent from my Phone