Speedtest Results speedtest.net vs Mikrotik bandwidth test

Srikanth Sundaresan srikanth at gatech.edu
Thu Apr 4 18:07:19 UTC 2013

[Plug alert]

For longer term monitoring, Project BISmark provides an easy-to-use
system. It's an open source, customizable OpenWRT-based home router that
runs periodic network measurements (latency, throughput, packetloss,
jitter, etc) to nearby MLab servers.

It uses netperf (single and multiple TCP threads), and shaperprobe,
(UDP) for throughput measurements.

Although its original target audience is home users, it can also be used
as a monitoring tool in bigger networks.

More information here:
http://projectbismark.net/

Slides from the talk at NANOG 53:
https://www.nanog.org/meetings/nanog53/presentations/Monday/Sundaresan.pdf