RFC becomes Visio

Justin M. Streiner streiner at cluebyfour.org
Fri Sep 28 20:02:58 UTC 2012

On Fri, 28 Sep 2012, Joe Maimon wrote:

> Just got told by a Lightpath person that in order to do BGP on a customer gig
> circuit to them they would need a visio diagram (of what I dont know).
>
> Has anybody else seen this brain damage?

I can understand wanting to diagram a complex design, so everyone involved
has a clear picture of what needs to happen, but for an ISP to bring up
BGP to a customer?  If that's not something that can be done in a
relatively cookie-cutter fashion, there is something horribly broken with
that ISP.

My diagram would be something along the lines of

your_router --------[GIG-E WITH BGP]-------- my_router = :)

your_router --------[GIG-E WITH NO BGP]-------- my_router = :(

jms