Ethernet OAM BCPs Please are there any yet???

Jonathon Exley Jonathon.Exley at kordia.co.nz
Thu Sep 27 22:11:36 UTC 2012

I don't know if any Y.1731 gear will do anything other than constant interval probes. I'm also not sure what the values of randomly spaced probes would be.
As far as I know the Y.1731 performance measurement probes are intended to be used to obtain performance data on circuits with as little impact on the available bandwidth as possible. Using a random departure time sounds like the sort of load test where you want to generate a synthetic data stream and consume bandwidth.

Jonathon

This email and attachments: are confidential; may be protected by privilege and copyright; if received in error may not be used, copied, or kept; are not guaranteed to be virus-free; may not express the views of Kordia(R); do not designate an information system; and do not give rise to any liability for Kordia(R).