really nasty attacks

Miguel Mata mmata at intercom.com.sv
Thu Sep 27 14:55:58 UTC 2012

Guys,

on recent days I've seen an UDP attack a couple of times. The attack is fairly simple, a full
load of UDP packets filled with "X". The attacks comes from various sites from the other side
of the pond (46.165.197.xx, 213.152.180.yy).

Has anyone seen this kind of attack? Basically, the attack aims to fill your pipe (150Mbps
over an STM1... guess what...) Then the question goes like this: besides asking your
upstream provider to block, drop or whatever on the offending traffic, and Kontaktieren Sie
den Administrator, what else can be done?

Please contact me off list. I'll post a recap on due time.

--
Miguel Mata
Gerente de Operaciones
mmata at ibw.com