Ethernet OAM BCPs Please are there any yet???

Adam Vitkovsky adam.vitkovsky at swan.sk
Thu Sep 27 07:39:29 UTC 2012

Thank you so much Jonathon.
This is exactly what I what I was searching for.
Oh and yes I should have mentioned I'd like to do the Y.1731 and measure the
delay and delay variance

Just yesterday evening I found a great article about how ATT did theirs
active measurements though for IP - wondering if I could do the same for my
Y.1731
They used dedicated servers and I'll be running this form the routers
ME3600X and CX and ASR9K so I'm a bit worried about the scaling of the whole
thing

ATT basically used two probes and each 24-hour day is divided into 96 test
cycles of 15 minutes

A Poisson probe sequence of duration equal to the test cycle
characteristics:
 - Poisson distribution with average interarrival time of 3.3 s
 - Packet size of 278 bytes, including headers
 - UDP protocol

Two periodic probe sequences in every test
characteristics:
 - Interval of 20 ms between successive packets (or 50 packets/s)
 - 1 min duration
 - Random start time within the 15 min cycle
 - Packet size of 60 bytes (including headers)
 - UDP protocol

adam