POLL: 802.1x deployment

Jay Ashworth jra at baylink.com
Mon Sep 24 16:01:07 UTC 2012

I'm tech-reading an upcoming book, and it makes the implication that 802.1x
is not very widely deployed... which seems possibly an overly narrow view
of the Real World.

If you regularly use one or more 802.1x protected networks, could you take
a moment to reply off-list, and tell me the size of the network (homelab,
smb, enterprise, carrier), and, if you know, how long 802.1x has been deployed
there?  I'm also interested in whether any network you use has dropped .1x.

I'll summarize to the list if there's interest.  Thanks.

Cheers,
-- jra