Real world sflow vs netflow?

Dobbins, Roland rdobbins at arbor.net
Sat Sep 22 23:41:18 UTC 2012

On Sep 23, 2012, at 1:51 AM, Peter Phaal wrote:

>  Here are some comments and links to additional information that address each of your concerns:

You have misinterpreted what I said.  I was saying that flow telemetry of any variety must be exported from edge devices, which in most cases are routers (in some cases layer-3 switches), in response to your 'move it out of the router' comment.

I disagree quite strongly with your comments regarding s/Flow vs. NetFlow, but am not interested in spamming the list with an extended discussion thereof.  Let's just agree to disagree on that issue.

	  Luck is the residue of opportunity and design.

		       -- John Milton