Throw me a IPv6 bone (sort of was IPv6 ignorance)

Valdis.Kletnieks at vt.edu Valdis.Kletnieks at vt.edu
Fri Sep 21 20:53:36 UTC 2012

On Fri, 21 Sep 2012 15:42:20 -0400, Mark Radabaugh said:

> Running dual stack to residential consumers still has huge issues with
> CPE.  It's not an environment where we have control over the router the
> customer picks up at Walmart.   There is really very little point in
> spending a lot of resources on something the consumer can't currently
> use.

You *do* realize that the reason my site runs like 60% IPv6 traffic *now*
is because we spend the resources 5 and 10 years ago getting ready for
when Microsoft and Apple shipped stuff that worked for the end user, right?

Of course, if you want to wait to get *started* on the deployment curve
until everybody's replaced their stuff, that's fine by me.  But I'd double-check
if you have any competitors that have an earlier schedule.