Big Temporary Networks

Jo Rhett jrhett at netconsonance.com
Tue Sep 18 23:59:39 UTC 2012

> On Tue, Sep 18, 2012 at 6:44 PM, Jo Rhett <jrhett at netconsonance.com> wrote:
>> On Sep 18, 2012, at 2:38 PM, William Herrin wrote:
>>> IIRC when the Democatic National Convention was held in Denver in
>>> 2008, they had to strike a special deal with the venue to bring in
>>> union labor instead of the normal workers because they couldn't find a
>>> suitable place that was already union.
>>
>> I can provide people who can refute that, but I don't have (or care about)
>> the details enough to bother quoting them.
>
> Well you would know, you were working for the Democratic National
> Committee back when they selected Denver and started working the
> logistics. No, wait, that was actually me.

Ah, then you shouldn't have said IIRC now should you? That expressly indicates you may or may not recall something you read/heard/etc.

But since you do know the details of that, then pray tell which hotels they brought in union workers at? Because I'd love to see how that played out. Or were you talking about some other type of facility that we weren't discussing?

--
Jo Rhett