The Department of Work and Pensions, UK has an entire /8

Christopher Morrow morrowc.lists at gmail.com
Tue Sep 18 22:17:48 UTC 2012

On Tue, Sep 18, 2012 at 5:10 PM, John Levine <johnl at iecc.com> wrote:
>>And someone should further alert him that they do not "own" these addresses.
>
> MIT is probably using less of their /8 than MOD is, and as far as I
> know, MIT has neither commando forces nor nuclear weapons.
>
> You might want to pick, so to speak, your battles more carefully.

more over, who cares? a /8 is less than 2 months rundown globally...
and, once upon a time I constructed on this list a usecase for apple's
/8 ... it's really not THAT hard to use a /8, it's well within the
capabilities of a gov't to do so... especially given they PROBABLY
have:
  o unclassified networks
  o secret networks
  o top secret networks
  o other networks

I'm sure there's plenty of ways they could use the space in question.