IPv6 Ignorance

Jason Leschnik leschnik at gmail.com
Mon Sep 17 13:08:28 UTC 2012

Has said forum guy never heard of a phased implementation? Or would he
rather a "big bang" cut over, i'm sure that will work swell.

The best way to summarise the feeling for IPv6 was expressed in the Packet
Pushers Podcast and that is Network Administrators and System
Administrators have forgotten what it means to run a multiple stack
Network.

I also think many people are seeing IPv6 as a unnecessary evil due to the
way it has come around and that comes back to the whole "your doomed
theory" and "we are only upgrading because there is a depletion", This
comes back to a lack of understanding and lack of interest in change.

I cannot remember where i heard it, but someone said that it will take a
killer IPv6 application that cannot occur on v4 to get people to jump. I'm
sure if Facebook/Google decided they were sick of v4 for a week you would
see I.T. departments agenda change quite rapidly (obviously this isn't
sustainable)

Education seems to be the key here... Rusty gears is the problem, people
haven't had to worry about addressing for such a long time now. Feel kinda
sorry for the guys who have to readdress IPv6 though *mwaha*

--
Regards,
Jason Leschnik.

[m] 0432 35 4224