Transport Fee's (Taxes and random telecom fee's)

A. Pishdadi apishdadi at gmail.com
Fri Sep 14 14:29:33 UTC 2012

Hello Everyone,

We purchase 10Gig waves for transport out of our datacenter and are trying
to figure out why the taxes on the circuits are so much. We are paying
around 60% additional in taxes and fee's on top of the cost of the circuit.
Ofcourse when we were negotiating pricing , it seemed like a great price
until we got our first bill, they forgot to mention that we would be paying
such fees.
It seems like these taxes would be for companies who would be using
transport services for voice, but we are all data. Is there any way to get
a tax exempt status? How come the same fee's do not apply to dark fiber? We
are in process of getting dark fiber to replace the transport circuits but
its going to take quite some time as we have a few more years on some of the
contracts. The dark fiber we do have there is no taxes at all. Can anyone
shed any light on this?