HXXP browser protocol

Sean Harlow sean at seanharlow.info
Thu Sep 13 21:25:16 UTC 2012

On Sep 13, 2012, at 17:21, Landon Stewart wrote:

> All true and commonly used but it's worth mentioning that putting a space before the dot TLD is a better way to prevent auto linking in email/IM clients since most of them detect the formation URLs by other means rather than rely on the exitence of http://.

Certainly true, the machine I'm currently responding on runs Apple Mail 5.2 and does turn it in to a link, but since hxxp is an invalid protocol it doesn't do anything useful with it.  Clicking the link just gives a "no associated application" error, so the practical result is the same.
---
Sean Harlow
sean at seanharlow.info