APIs for domain registration and management

Jeroen Massar jeroen at unfix.org
Thu Sep 13 00:35:04 UTC 2012

On 2012-09-13 02:18 , Miles Fidelman wrote:
> Hi Folks,
>
> I expect folks on NANOG would know:  Are there any domain registrars who
> provide APIs for managing domains and/or DNS records?  It's kind of a
> pain managing large numbers of domains via klunky web interfaces.  It
> sure would be nice to tie registry accounts into equipment inventory
> management systems.

Check for a google(DNS EPP) for a lot of info on a standardized
protocols, though typically a registrar will provide a custom interface.

Many of the more established providers do this and it is more or less a
requirement for DNSSEC to work. google(DNSSEC glue) and you get a list
of providers who do DNSSEC and who likely also have an automated
interface for this. As a note GPG + Joker seem to be the popular ones
for this.

Greets,
 Jeroen