Heads-Up: GoDaddy Broke the Interwebs...

Jason Bertoch Jason_Bertoch at nwrdc.fsu.edu
Tue Sep 11 18:13:06 UTC 2012

Now it's CNN

/Jason

-----Original Message-----
From: Kyle Creyts [mailto:kyle.creyts at gmail.com]
Sent: Tuesday, September 11, 2012 1:55 PM
To: Operations Dallas
Cc: nanog at nanog.org
Subject: Re: Heads-Up: GoDaddy Broke the Interwebs...

No DDoS or Anonymous attack appears to have been involved.

On Tue, Sep 11, 2012 at 10:54 AM, Kyle Creyts <kyle.creyts at gmail.com>
wrote:
> http://www.godaddy.com/newscenter/release-view.aspx?news_item_id=410
>
> On Mon, Sep 10, 2012 at 1:27 PM, Operations Dallas
> <operations.tcdallas at hotmail.com> wrote:
>> I thought I saw an article on routergod.com from Dance Patrick
regarding anycast DNS......
>> ~oliver
>>
>> Sent via DynaTAC. Please forgive spelling and grammar.

issues.  GoDaddy DNS is apparently b0rked.  I'm also seeing a lot of
tweets about their hosting and VPS being down.  I'm unable to access the
control panel for one of my customer accounts.