RPKI Pilot Participant Notice

Gary Buhrmaster gary.buhrmaster at gmail.com
Wed Sep 5 19:32:42 UTC 2012

On Wed, Sep 5, 2012 at 7:24 PM, Christopher Morrow
<morrowc.lists at gmail.com> wrote:
> a closer (by me) reading of:
> " In order to access the
> production RPKI TAL, you will first have to agree to ARIN's Relying
> Party Agreement before the TAL will be emailed to you. To request the
> TAL after the production release, follow this link:
> http://www.arin.net/public/rpki/tal/index.xhtml"
>
> though kinda leads me into the hole randy/richard fell into... 'to
> poke the TAL and figure out where things are, you have to sign an
> agreement'.

My interpretation was what Randy implied, and that ARIN
wants an agreement with everyone who gets a (presumably
unique to the agreement) TAL to protect ARIN.  That would
seem like a lot of overhead to maintain to me (since as I recall
a TAL may never, ever (ok, very rarely) change), but then
appropriate risk management has always been an interesting
thing to watch in the (potentially litigious) ARIN region.

Gary