William was raided for running a Tor exit node. Please help if you can.

Ray Soucy rps at maine.edu
Thu Nov 29 13:42:17 UTC 2012

If you run Tor, then you should probably accept that it might be used
for activity that you don't approve of or even is in violation of the
law.

I'm not saying Tor is good or bad, just that if you're using it you
probably know what you're getting into.

In order to catch someone in a criminal case, most law enforcement
will certainly take whatever they think could be used as evidence,
perform forensic analysis on it, and retain it as long as they think
necessary.

Depending on how well your laws are written, you might be not be
protected from them discovering "other" activity that is outside the
scope and bringing a separate criminal case against you directly.

Got any pirated music or movies?

--
Ray Patrick Soucy
Network Engineer

T: 207-561-3526
F: 207-561-3531

MaineREN, Maine's Research and Education Network
www.maineren.net