"Programmers can't get IPv6 thus that is why they do not have IPv6 in their applications"....

Andrew Sullivan asullivan at dyn.com
Wed Nov 28 05:24:57 UTC 2012

On Tue, Nov 27, 2012 at 09:04:56PM -0800, Michael Thomas wrote:
> Let's be clear: nobody sets up a VPN because they want to.

And further, only people who think cell phones are newfangled think
that "configuring dial-up before ppp was available" is a test we can
apply to _anything_ for the quality "being easy".

If any of us seriously thinks that "set up VPN", "configure dial-up by
hand", or any other such "easy" things are the bar we have to jump, we
are doomed.  Big Fat Checkbox that says "Disable Old-Fashioned
Network" is about the level we can expect.  Past that, forget it.  Too
much work.  Too risky.  Boss won't authorize the time.

The question upthread about costs is dead on.  One of those costs is,
"How much do I need to think?"  If the answer is, "Oh, just set up a
tunnel," the fish is already off the hook and in another river.  If
your response to that is, "I've been an application developer, and
they need to be more responsible," I would like to know your company's
stock symbol so I may bet against you.

Best,

Andrew Sullivan
Dyn Labs