Long and unabbreviatable IPv6 addresses with random overloaded bits, vs. tunnelbroker

Dan Luedtke mail at danrl.de
Tue Nov 20 12:01:46 UTC 2012

On Sun, 18 Nov 2012 21:40:45 -0800
Owen DeLong <owen at delong.com> wrote:

> Setting up a proper IPv6 subnet and unique gateway for each VM is
> probably insane, but, potentially less insane than some other
> alternatives.
I second that! I give out a proper configured /64 to every "customer"
regardless of he has one, two or more VMs in his network. The
alternatives did not work for us, furthermore scaling the networks is
reduced to drop in more VMs until the /64 runs out of addresses (read:
never) OR the situation calls for other setups anyway.

Receiving a /112 should make one at least thinking about the underlying
network design for a minute. It just looks awkward!

Cheers

Dan