[liberationtech] Syria blackout?

Eugen Leitl eugen at leitl.org
Thu May 31 21:43:08 UTC 2012

----- Forwarded message from KheOps <kheops at ceops.eu> -----

From: KheOps <kheops at ceops.eu>
Date: Thu, 31 May 2012 23:11:37 +0200
To: liberationtech at lists.stanford.edu
Subject: Re: [liberationtech] Syria blackout?
	rv:12.0) Gecko/20120430 Thunderbird/12.0.1

Yes, this has been confirmed by several people we know there.

Tor seems to be blocked at least on 3G connections. Download of some
file extensions through cleartext HTTP is blocked too (mp4, flv, mpg, ...).

It seems UltraSurf and some other VPNs are blocked too, though as Andrew
said, some other specific ones continue working.

For Tor, it would be worth setting up obfsproxy-equipped bridges. We
will try to work on this asap on our side.

KheOps