Need (to acquire or sell) IPv4? Come to SpaceMarket.

Owen DeLong owen at delong.com
Wed May 30 01:22:01 UTC 2012

Likely transfers made in this way may not be recordable with the applicable RIRs and may violate the RIR policies.

If you care about your addresses being properly registered in whois to avoid unnecessary hassles around being able to route them, I highly recommend making sure that you are working either directly with a registered resource holder and/or through a reputable facilitator. In my experience, the RIR staff are readily available and very helpful in answering questions about transfer policies and helping you to work within the system to avoid difficulties later.

The RIRs that serves North America are ARIN (US, Canada, much of the Caribbean) http://www.arin.net
and LACNIC (Mexico, the rest of the Caribbean) http://www.lacnic.net.

Others are APNIC (Asia/Australia) http://www.apnic.net, RIPE NCC (Europe) http://www.ripe.net, and AfriNIC (Africa) http://www.afrinic.net

Owen