Comcast Service for Non-Cap Bandwidth

Livingood, Jason Jason_Livingood at cable.comcast.com
Tue May 29 14:25:10 UTC 2012

Mail formatting issue with my mail client again… Note that the 1st paragraph was quoted from Nabil...

>I generate http test stream with DSCP code point 5 to match the Xbox service,
> however Comcast is rewriting the packets as CS 1, even when serving out a
> server at Soft Layer (paid peer).  This is why I ask for name of service Microsoft
> is using, it is not the regular paid peering.

[JL] Yeah, that won't work but that marking is just for byte counting (which per my other not does not really have any effect now anyway since the 250GB policy was suspended. See also http://blog.comcast.com/2012/05/the-facts-about-xfinity-tv-and-xbox-360-comcast-is-not-prioritizing.html

For peering & interconnect, see:
http://www.comcast.com/peering/?SCRedirect=true
http://www.comcast.com/dedicatedinternet/?SCRedirect=true

Thanks