Industry practice for BGP costs - one time or fixed/monthly?

John van Oppen jvanoppen at spectrumnet.us
Fri May 25 16:21:42 UTC 2012

I know we dislike BGP on small connections (even though we do it), it is an extra administrative hassle that tends to be the most work on the smallest connections.    Customers with multiple 10Gs tend to have small numbers of BGP related tickets than customers with a single fastE, given that, I can understand why soneone would want to charge, especially when it breaks the cookie-cutter templates that they are using for their low margin servers.    While something might be technically easy, don't forget that breaking automated proccesses does tend to cause administrative pain, that could be what the fees are for recouping.

John