Current IPv6 state of US Mobile Phone Carriers

Cameron Byrne cb.list6 at gmail.com
Wed May 23 21:18:05 UTC 2012

On Wed, May 23, 2012 at 2:07 PM, Randy Carpenter <rcarpen at network1.net> wrote:

> Looks like some devices have it enabled, and some do not.
>
> Does anyone have hotspot enabled? I am curious as to if IPv6 is being done via the hotspot, and how they are handling the prefix delegation.

On T-Mobile, this code works for IPv6 + IPv4 HotSpot / WiFi tethering
on the Nexus S http://dan.drown.org/android/clat/

Galaxy Nexus S ROM of the same function here
https://groups.google.com/group/tmoipv6beta/browse_thread/thread/ba8aac8063735e2a

Mainline Android does not yet have an IPv6 tethering feature, but the
code has been pushed upstream to Android for review
https://android-review.googlesource.com/#/c/34490/

Cameron