Commerical Backup Solutions

Steve Bertrand steve.bertrand at gmail.com
Sun May 20 21:04:41 UTC 2012

On 2012-05-17 16:59, Mike Lyon wrote:
> We used Acronis and it was a nightmare as was their off-shored support
> model. Never again... Wouldn't touch them with a 10 foot pole.
>
> Switched to Iron Mountain LiveVault which backs everything up over the
> wire. It has basic reporting functions but not extremely granular.
> http://ironmountain.com/services/democenter/livevault/player.html

Does Iron Mountain LiveVault allow for bare metal restorations? I didn't
see it after gleaning the site.

In my new job, we're using BackupExec pulling the data from ~100 servers
to a SAN and then to tape. Iron Mountain comes in every day to to
replace our tapes for offsite storage.

For the few boxes we have that aren't configured in HA pairs or
clusters, we periodically do a snapshot with Acronis specifically for
the bare metal restoration ability.

Steve