YouTube Video Streaming

Alex Brooks askoorb+nanog at gmail.com
Fri May 18 11:48:47 UTC 2012

Hi,

On Fri, May 18, 2012 at 3:37 AM, Thames <thames at viewqwest.com> wrote:
> I would like to get some input for the following problem we face with YouTube video streaming.
> We are an ISP in Singapore and peer with Google at Equinix and SOX (Singapore Open Exchange), For about 2 weeks we have been facing choppy streaming or continuous buffering on various YouTube videos.

I don't know how "big" you are, but have you considered joining the
"Google Global Cache" http://ggcadmin.google.com/ggc ?  It may help in
the future with issues like this.

It seems odd that Google aren't doing much with this, they are usually
quite obsessive when it comes to reducing latency and other issues
over their peering connections.

Alex