Cogent for ISP bandwidth

Robert Bonomi bonomi at mail.r-bonomi.com
Thu May 17 15:10:05 UTC 2012

Marshall Eubanks <marshall.eubanks at gmail.com> wrote:

> On Thu, May 17, 2012 at 12:46 AM, PC <paul4004 at gmail.com> wrote:
> > While there may be other grounds for telling them not to call you, the
> > do not call list is not one of them as it does not apply to business
> > to business solicitations.
> >
> > "The national Do-Not-Call list protects home voice or personal
> > wireless phone numbers only. While you may be able to register a
> > business number, your registration will not make telephone
> > solicitations to that number unlawful."
> > http://www.fcc.gov/guides/unwanted-telephone-marketing-calls
> >

> Also, (from http://www.fcc.gov/encyclopedia/do-not-call-list )
>
> The Do-Not-Call registry does not prevent all unwanted calls. It does
> not cover the following:
>
>      calls from organizations with which you have established a
> business relationship;
>
> And, in this case, there is a previously established  business relationship.

a) The "previously established business relationship" exemption expires 6
   months after the 'business relationship' ends. (This is in the 'fine
   print' of the actual rules0  As the relationship in question ended
   several years ago, according to the prior poster, this exemption would
   not apply.

b) Nothing in the Do-not-call rules applies to calls to business numbers.
   Callers to business numbers are not even required to respect a 'put me
   on your "do-not-call" list', or 'do not call me again' request under
   the DNC rules.