Video streaming over IPv6

Jared Mauch jared at puck.nether.net
Tue May 15 18:02:05 UTC 2012

On May 15, 2012, at 1:55 PM, Carlos Martinez-Cagnazzo wrote:

> Hello,
>
> Can anyone comment on the availability of IPv6 video streaming services?
> I'm thinking about commercial, 'cloud'-based services a la U-Stream or
> Make.TV.
>
> I can roll my own, and will eventually do so, but having a commercial
> service that I could use would make my life so much easier :-)
>
> Any such service who is thinking about jumping on the World IPv6 Launch
> Day bandwagon and could use some (I'd like to think clueful) debugging
> can also contact me, we might be able to work something out.

I know that some services (e.g.: youtube) already have native ipv6 being served for existing http streaming mechanisms.

I'm not sure where all the other individual services are in that process, but if they are behind the popular CDNs, e.g.: Akamai I believe its just a simple provisioning box one selects with them to enable IPv6 as well.

- Jared