L3VPN MPLS - Internal BGP between CE - PE

Keegan Holley keegan.holley at sungard.com
Tue May 8 10:29:01 UTC 2012

What is the next hop of the route?  There should be an IGP route for
the next hop in the iBGP default.  It should have a label or LSP
attached to it.  How was the default generated?  Does it come from a
provider?  If so you may have to set next hop self on the router that
receives the default.  Your provider's PE router IP won't be in your
IGP by default and hence won't be known to your label protocol.