Cellphones and Audio (was Ghost Click, though I got no idea why)

Joel jaeggli joelja at bogus.com
Thu May 3 18:03:11 UTC 2012

On 5/3/12 10:29 , Jay Ashworth wrote:
> [...]

wideband codecs carry music a lot better.

the can have considerably more dynamic range than you can expect from an
8 bit pcm mulaw encoding (about 45bB). that helps a lot in the speaker
phone situation.

if you have the opportunity to compare pstn and mp3 recordings of the
same meeting like I do on occasion the difference is considerable.