CDNs should pay eyeball networks, too.

Leigh Porter leigh.porter at
Wed May 2 04:32:45 CDT 2012

> I (in the UK) had the same letter from LLNW yesterday, word for word.

Me too.

> However I must say that the wording of their letter is appalling

> I am glad they are spending ton of money to upgrade their
> infrastructure.. but so am I.

Slightly odd though that they are upgrading their network and then de-peering everybody who takes < 1Gb/s from them.
I don't quite understand why a content DELIVERY network would want to do this.

I'm not sure who's content they deliver but this does not seem like a particularly great way to go about delivering it.

There was a network who commented earlier in the thread that they do 600Mb/s with them, that's not an insignificant level of traffic really, especially coming from a single CDN. I wonder if this not some slightly mis-informed exec at LLNW who thought they found a great way to extract more money to deliver content that they have already been paid to deliver.

This email has been scanned by the Symantec Email service.
For more information please visit