CDNs should pay eyeball networks, too.

Jimmy Hess mysidia at gmail.com
Wed May 2 00:06:27 UTC 2012

On 5/1/12, Patrick W. Gilmore <patrick at ianai.net> wrote:
> I love the fact Dominik says "from a CDN", then leaves Limelight's name in
> the text. :)
[snip]

So a CDN made the mistake of attempting to monetize an existing
peering arrangement without first having a signed peering arrangement
in place for the existing peering with a  Mutual NDA  prohibiting any
dissemination details of any of their communications/ future
negotiations/etc of peering arrangement or traffic exchanged to
unrelated third parties??

The lack of a NDA that would prohibit identifying a CDN and their
e-mail notification of depeering,  whether their name was mentioned or
not,   sounds quite  un-Tier1  like to me.

--
-JH