CDNs should pay eyeball networks, too.

Valdis.Kletnieks at vt.edu Valdis.Kletnieks at vt.edu
Tue May 1 21:20:53 UTC 2012

On Tue, 01 May 2012 14:13:01 -0700, Mike Hale said:

> > "But you *may not* tie your
> > price to the hours used to produce it for the first."

The above was William Herrin's comment (quoting level fixed by me).

Mike - please get mail software that does correct quoting. It's 2012, and
proper quoting has been understood since the mid 80s.  There's *really* no
excuse for using software that can't get quoting and citing right.

> Sure you can.  How else do you determine what the software's going to
> cost if you're not going to factor in development?

You missed the point - having given customer #1 an invoice that included
a line item for 1,432 hours of R&D at $221/hour, you're treading on thin
ice if you present another customer an invoice that includes a line item for
the same 1,432 hours of R&D (absent an agreement between the two
customers to share the costs, etc).

And if you've *collected* that $316,472 from the one customer, it's somewhere
between sleazy and skanky to include that $316K in the costs that need to be
amortized over the next N sales of the software.