CDNs should pay eyeball networks, too.

Mike Hale eyeronic.design at gmail.com
Tue May 1 19:59:32 UTC 2012

"A customer pays you to build a piece of software by the hour. Another
comes along and asks for the same software. You bill both for each
hour. Double billing. Unethical. Wrong.

A customer pays you to deliver a packet to "the Internet." You talk to
the packet's destination and say, "Hey, I'll deliver it to you
directly but only if you pay me. Otherwise I'll just toss it out in a
random direction and hope it gets there." Double billing. Unethical.
Wrong."

Neither of these is unethical or wrong in any way.  What are you
supposed to do, write software from scratch every time? That's just
silly.

--
09 F9 11 02 9D 74 E3 5B D8 41 56 C5 63 56 88 C0