VPN over satellite

Vlad Galu galu at packetdam.com
Tue May 1 17:44:19 UTC 2012

Hi Rens,

I work with one of the leading satellite providers. Depending on the customer type, we deploy a number of solutions (some work better for some, some work better for others).  Most off-the-shelf solutions are more or less designed in a client/server manner (the optimizations they employ are usually asymmetrical, as most clients either just push or just pull data).

It sounds like you need an end to end solution that is not optimizing a particular type of data. Riverbed could be one, but I haven't really tested it in a setup resembling yours. Some of our customers use it, but they mostly pull data so I can't really tell if it works for you. You could contact me off-list to let me know who your satellite provider is. If it's the company I work with, perhaps we can bounce some ideas around.

Cheers
Vlad

--
PacketDam: a cost-effective