Comcast Ethernet Feed

Jon Lewis jlewis at lewis.org
Fri Mar 30 00:53:20 UTC 2012

On Thu, 29 Mar 2012, Brielle Bruns wrote:

> From my own experience here with our 7200s, some of the PA based 100BaseT
> interfaces (ie: not on the IO module) can not negotiate 100-full, but rather
> only half.  This leaves one end diff then the other and creates issues with
> performance.  Try forcing both the laptop and router to 100-full and see if
> it helps.

Those interfaces don't to auto-negotiation at all.  That's why they
default to 100 half.  OP said they were using a Gig interface though.
Maybe a copper 10/100/1000 port on an NPE-G<1|2>?  I haven't used those,
but I'd bet they support auto-negotiation.  1000baseT requires it.

It'd be helpful to know how they've tested through the router, and if
there are other connections routed through that VXR that are working at
the expected rates.

  Jon Lewis, MCP :)           |  I route
  Atlantic Net                |