BCP38 Deployment

Bingyang LIU bjornliu at gmail.com
Wed Mar 28 11:51:20 CDT 2012

Yep, one way is to give economic penalty.

But how about giving the _good_ ISPs economic reward? Say, some
transit ISPs deploy anti-spoofing techniques (e.g. uRPF), but only
filter those spoofing packets whose destination is the ASes having
purchased their *anti-spoofing service* ?

On Wed, Mar 28, 2012 at 6:41 PM,  <goemon at anime.net> wrote:
> On Wed, 28 Mar 2012, David Conrad wrote:
>> Actually, given the uptick in spoofing-based DoS attacks, the ease in
>> which such attacks can be generated, recent high profile targets of said
>> attacks, and the full-on money pumping freakout about anything with "cyber-"
>> tacked on the front, I suspect a likely outcome will be proposals for
>> legislation forcing ISPs to do something like BCP38.
> Exactly.
> Either do it voluntarily or it will be done for you involuntarily at the
> federal level and you will have nobody but yourselves to blame.
> The choice is yours.
> -Dan

Bingyang Liu
Network Architecture Lab, Network Center,Tsinghua Univ.
Beijing, China
Home Page: http://netarchlab.tsinghua.edu.cn/~liuby