Muni Fiber (was: Re: last mile, regulatory incentives, etc)

Anurag Bhatia me at anuragbhatia.com
Wed Mar 28 08:45:16 UTC 2012

Hi

Nice discussion. Just a small question here - how much backhaul  at present
2G, 3G and LTE based towers have? Just curious to hear an average number. I
agree it would be  a significant difference from busy street in New York to
less crowded area say in Michigan but what sort of bandwidth telcos
provision per tower?

On fiber - I can imagine virtually unlimited bandwidth with incremental
cost of optical instruments but how much to wireless backhaul based sites?
Do they put Gigabit microwave everywhere?

If not then say 100Mbps? If so then how end users on Verizon LTE people
individual users get 10Mbps and so on? Is that operated at high contention?

Thanks!

(Sent from my mobile device)

Anurag Bhatia
http://anuragbhatia.com