Verizon FiOS - is BGP an option?

Justin M. Streiner streiner at cluebyfour.org
Tue Mar 13 22:26:49 UTC 2012

All:

I realize this might be a bit of a fool's errand, but I'm trying to
determine if Verizon will speak BGP with FiOS business customers.  Their
website is relatively lean on details.  Everything that mentions BGP
points to VZB services, which does not appear to include FiOS.  Looking at
the routing table, I do see several non-VZ ASNs downstream of AS19262, so
it looks like it might be possible.

If that is the case, could anyone lend any insight to get past the "what
is BGP?" response that likely awaits from their salescritters?

jms