BellSouth (att?) with a clue in Raleigh, NC

chris tknchris at gmail.com
Sun Mar 11 02:02:51 UTC 2012

Hi,

I am trying to look into dsl in the RDU area and at&t customer service has
been exceedingly unhelpful only telling me "no service available, we have
no idea when services will become available, check back periodically".
I would atleast like to get an answer that theres no available capacity,
its over the 18k limit of dsl, or some other logical answer. Is there
anyone at bellsouth/att or one of their clec's who can help me do some
qual's and hopefully also help get this delivered?

i did some lookups on known pots in the area and came up with:
LATA426
NameR ALEIGH N CAROLINA
Historical Region BellSouth
Area Codes in LATA 919
Carrier
Common Name AT&T Southeast
OCN 9417
OCN Type RBOC
Name Bellsouth Telecomm Inc dba Southern Bell Telephone & Telegraph
Abbreviation BELLSOUTH SO BELL
DBA Southern Bell Telephone & Telegraph
FKA Southern Bell Telephone & Telegraph

so im pretty sure im contacting the right telco just surprised that their
customer service is offering pots but says no internet available, wtf?

thanks for any info you can provide,
chris