Programmers with network engineering skills

Michael Thomas mike at mtcc.com
Tue Mar 6 00:01:35 UTC 2012

On 03/05/2012 03:46 PM, Owen DeLong wrote:
> However, the bigger problem (from my experience-driven POV) is that it is not so intuitively obvious that developing a network-based product using a team consisting entirely of developers who view the network as an unnecessarily complicated serial port

Here's a thought: if you want network clueful programmers, do what everybody
else does when they need a XXX clueful programmer: hire them fresh and
mold them. Programmers don't come with built in skills for the vast array of
possibilities, so they have to learn it *somewhere*.

Mike, networking is no different than any other specialized area, imo