Re: Switch designed for mirroring tap ports gwood83 at
Thu Mar 1 02:34:07 CST 2012

Instead of monitoring the physical interface, monitor the vlan from a Cisco IOS perspective on a CAT6500.  This will capture all physical interfaces associated with that vlan for mirroring/span.

----- Reply message -----
From: "A. Pishdadi" <apishdadi at>
Date: Wed, Feb 29, 2012 11:12 pm
Subject: Switch designed for mirroring tap ports
To: "NANOG" <nanog at>

Hello All,

We are looking for a switch or a device that we can use for mirroring tap
ports. For example , take a mirror port off of a core router say a 6509,
connect it to a port on said device, say port 1. I would like then to be
able to mirror port 1 on said device to multiple ports,  like port 2 , 3,
4. We have the need to analyze traffic from one port on multiple devices.
Seems most switches are limited to mirroring to a max of 1 or 2 ports.

Any suggestions would be great.