technical contact at ATT Wireless

Tyler Haske tyler.haske at gmail.com
Fri Jun 29 15:33:11 UTC 2012

On Fri, Jun 29, 2012 at 10:51 AM, Jared Mauch <jared at puck.nether.net> wrote:

> On Jun 29, 2012, at 10:37 AM, Tyler Haske wrote:
>
>> I'm sorry you don't like it, and I know IPv6 will wash all this away
>> soon enough, but where I'm working we have no plans to implement IPv6,
>> or require our vendors/partners to readdress their networks to get a
>> VPN up.
>
> Just because there are no plans, this doesn't mean you shouldn't bring it up.
>
> Even if its a "radar"/"future" issue for their networking team, it does raise
> the profile in the asks with others.
>
> - Jared

Let it be known that I hate NAT with the burning passion of a million
suns. But I'm the junior in my workplace, and this is the advice of
the head honchos. I can easily see both sides of this. I would say
with a few implementations, (maybe 25 or fewer) NATing isn't that
difficult.

Granted we both know that NAT breaks basically everything and makes
troubleshooting a TON MORE FUN. But plenty of people out there (my
workplace included) would argue this till the cows come home.