DNS poisoning at Google?

John Levine johnl at iecc.com
Wed Jun 27 05:29:40 UTC 2012

In article <ED78B1C68B84A14FA706D13A230D7B431954E95B at ITS-MAIL01.campus.ad.csulb.edu> you write:
>I'm not familiar with curl and don't understand what I type and what are results. Are you suggesting that when
>google refers to our website, we pick that up and redirect to couchtarts?

curl is a command line www client that's worth knowing about.

And I observe the same thing, using my own local DNS cache -- if I
fetch the home page from csulb.edu or www.csulb.edu with Google as the
referrer, it returns a page that redirects to couchtarts.

Sorry, dude, you've been pwn3d.

R's,
John