DNS poisoning at Google?

Michael J Wise mjwise at kapu.net
Tue Jun 26 23:56:11 CDT 2012

On Jun 26, 2012, at 9:35 PM, Matthew Black wrote:

> Yes, we’ve used the Google Webmaster Tools a lot today. Submitted multiple requests and they keep insisting that our site issues a redirect. Unable to duplicate the problem here.

… have you consulted the logs?
If the redirect is there, it … 1) might not be from the home page, and 2) could be in … user content?

awk '{if ($9 ~ /304/) { print $0 }}' access_log.
… or some such.
Granted, might be a storm of " " -> index.html redirects, but they should be grep -v 'able in short order.
You might also look for the rDNS of the Google spider to see exactly where it is looking, and what it sees.

"Please have your Internet License
 and Usenet Registration handy..."