strat-1 gps

Saku Ytti saku at ytti.fi
Tue Jun 26 20:54:33 UTC 2012

On (2012-06-26 15:05 -0500), Ryan Malayter wrote:

> If you have to have something pre-integrated and soon, I'd look at Meinberg:
> http://www.meinberg.de/english/products/index.htm#network_sync

We have several Meinbergs, quality hardware definitely. But I really wish
they'd have hardware timestamping. And 1GE instead of 100M would also
reduce jitter further.
Right now I'm seeing offset of about 65us from our meinbergss over routed
network of several hops and delay to meinbergs ranging from 0.5ms to 8.4ms

I wonder if symmetricom does NTP timestamping in HW, or only PTP?
--
  ++ytti